Welcome to Irwin County Schools!
Employment with Irwin County Schools
How to Apply
To apply for an opening:
To apply for an opening:
- GED or High School Diploma
- Must be 21 years of age
- Completion of one half day of training in Lenox, Georgia
- Completion of one hour of local training at the Irwin County Board of Education
The Irwin County School District is not accepting applications for substitutes at this time.
Applicants must meet the Paraprofessional Core Competencies, including the following:
- Associate's Degree, completion of two years of higher education, or passing score on the ETS Paraprofessional Assessment
- Strong background in computer use and technology or willingness to learn to use computers and software
- Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand written and oral instructions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with respect to job
- Flexibility with respect to assignments
- Willingness to accept responsibility of assignments
- Ability to work cooperatively/independently on projects
- Completion of 100 hours of in-service training every five years (10 Professional Learning Units).
To become a paraprofessional in the Irwin County School System, you must complete the application process for Non-Certified Personnel.
For more information on paraprofessional certification, visit the Georgia Professional Standards Commission Paraprofessional page.
All applicants to the Irwin County Board of Education must pass a criminal background/fingerprint check. A charge of $10.00 (cash only) is required to be paid to the Irwin County Sheriff"s Office for the background check and $44.25 (cash, Cashier's Check, or Money Order only) to the Irwin County Board of Education for fingerprints. This payment is the responsibility of the applicant.
Unless otherwise indicated in a specific job announcement, submit completed application and all supporting documentation to:
Irwin County Board of Education
Attn: Dr. Thad Clayton
P.O. Box 225
210 Apple Street
Ocilla, GA 31774
229/468-7485 ~ 229/468-7220 (fax)
Your information will remain active and on file for two years from date of submission.
Irwin County School District does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability, veteran or marital status, or other protected status covered by federal, state or local law.
Georgia teacher certification inquiries should be made directly to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
Irwin County School District uses E-Verify to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify is an internet-based system operated by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), a government agency that oversees lawful immigration to the United States. Irwin County School District was authorized to use the E-Verify system on November 9, 2009. Company identification number is 275486.
|Toll-Free School Safety Hotline
MAKE THE CALL AND STOP VIOLENCE IN YOUR SCHOOL
The 1-877-SAY-STOP toll-free hotline was created by the Georgia Department of Education. Students can anonymously report anyone who has a weapon, has threatened to bring a weapon to school, or has violated any other school safety rules. The hotline hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; after 5 p.m. all calls will be forwarded to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Callers will not be asked to reveal their identities. Make the call; you can make a difference!